Currently, Customer care is getting increased loads of requests for customers being unable to track their orders causing delays in responding to important tickets, causing customers to get frustrated, and subsequently, many customers lose faith and ask for a refund. Which is not only the loss of a single transaction but the loss of the LTV of a customer as it will be very hard to restore trust for that customer.
A redesigned taxonomy, along with interaction design changes, reduced call center volume by 65% within two weeks after the launch of our redesigns support page.
New sets of output standard UI components tested and ready to push to live as part of phase 2.
- Managing Customer expectations with accurate delivery promises, especially in problematic areas.
- A clear understanding of the current state of the shipment/order it.
- delays on the logistical level are not reflected proactively on the tracking page.
- There is a disconnect between raising an issue on the order, and the order itself.
- All the above add unnecessary load on the Customer Care, causing delays in responding to important tickets, causing customers to get frustrated, and subsequently, many customers lose faith and ask for a refund.
- Customer support needs a decrease in the number of support tickets field against order tracking and returning order with no increase in the number of support ticket fields against related features).
- The Tracking order page should be the reference to the user on the current state that their order is in, and users should be able to get information clearly and easily on the track where their order is in the Overall process as much as dig down into their shipments and track it on the last-mile logistical level as well as in the process.
- It should proactively show the user exceptions once flagged to manage the user expectations.
- Tracking order page improvements should reduce the customer queries on shipment inquires as a lagging factor.
The following metrics will establish a baseline and track over Freshdesk and from GA to assess the success of the Order:
- The bounce rate for the Order tracking page
- 90% of customers have to go through order tracking before submitting an order ticket
- Conversion to Order tracking to increase over time [Orders > Tracking]
- Reduction in tickets for shipment inquires
My job role
Improving the Order tracking page, and providing a clear UI that informs the user on the state of their order, and cascading to the state of their shipment.
- Design should highlight the following on the order tracking page:
- Yalla shipments
- Backorder shipments [Standard]
- Extended delivery Shipments
- Provide the user with a last updated date on the order tracking, to give more confidence in the information on the tracking page
- Provide the user with a clear overall understanding of where their order is in terms of process
- Should also highlight delays and exceptions occurring in shipments and roll it up to the state of the order
- Improve also better highlight the delivery promise on App and order cut off time
- Improving delivery promise highlight in pdp.
- Checkout screen should highlight expected shipments with estimated delivery date
Order list and details improvements
- Highlight order status including exceptions/expired/pending
- Tracking button for tracking shipments/ Per shipment
- Showing different potential shipments are broken down (Yalla/Standard/Extended)
- Highlight pending information [Phone confirmation -Missing Address - Payment Failure] using page and inline notice.
- Showing the customer an indication of which items are causing the delay.
Creating an order related ticket
One of the theories is that they are unaware of finding the "Track Order Screen." We have the opportunity to quickly communicate this missing information about customers' orders on the confirmation page. But that yet resulted in creating a lot of logistic questions.
Also, when our users didn't bother reading this information, we reinforced our message using the toast bar pinned at the bottom and pointed to the "account" page. The toast bar shall only be triggered whenever there's a new update about their Order and for first-time users placing an order.
And to offer these options below when contacting our support team:
1- Track Order / Order Status
2- Report a delayed order
3- Customs/ Tax Inquiry
When the customer clicks on Track Order -> they should see a text/button similar to what we do if they select"Return."
And if logged in, the form redirect the user to the orders list page and providing an option to raise an order ticket or viewing order details.
Post purchase comms Improvement
- Adding URL to order page in SMS
- Updating email to include estimated date of delivery
Thank you for reading